Saturday, January 29, 2011

$50 Robot Sensor issues

Video accompanying society of robots forum post. Here is the original text of the post: Hello folks: So, I have posted several times as my son and I have completed our $50 Robot. We have solved soldering problems, voltage regulator problems, servo modifications issues, and a few others. Thanks to all of the help on this forum, we now have a working robot... almost. He (it) works. It drives along and does react to light on the sensors, which does change the direction of the wheels. So technically from my understanding of what he is supposed to do, it is working. However, we need sensor adjustment of some kind, because the robot just drives forward indefinitely unless I put my hand over a sensor to completely cover it. And even then this is not always fool-proof. I took a video to show you guys. Then it dawned on me to try more light instead of less light. So I shot a second video and this time used a flashlight. If I shine the flashlight on the sensor, the robot changes direction. Cool. This is progress. So now I was wondering, how do we change the sensitivity of the sensor input so that we get the same results without a flashlight? Is there something we can do in the code? Thanks very much.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZHcDYMlswM&hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment