Friday, June 24, 2011

Spektrum DX7 Backlight Mod V1

This is a first rough draft modification for my Spektrum DX7 which provides a backlight for the LCD Screen, enabling you to see the screen in low-light or dark conditions. It comprises of: - EL Panel ( White ) - EL Inverter - Switching Voltage Regulator (5V) - Mini Toggle Switch - Some Red&Black electrical wires You'll also need your own soldering iron and solder to make this setup to work. The setup runs off the DX7's battery. Using the Voltage Regulator means that it uses less power. This is just my first rough draft of this mod to check that I could get it to work. Next steps are to use thinner red&black wires as the existing wires I've bought are too thick and stiff. Then after that I hope to get this setup installed into the DX7.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJMmoQPwo4&hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment