Saturday, November 12, 2011

Well, all the power cycles from testing out my battery mod, LCD screen mod and general everyday use have taken their toll on my poor Sega Nomad :( . I suppose It's not really surprising given the consoles age and all the abuse it's received since the mid 90's. But!, there is hope! :). In this video I show how to bring a seemingly dead and unresponsive console back to life. All you need to do is fit a new voltage regulator which is a very cheap and reasonably easy part to replace. Original 2008 thread I found and got this information from (thanks to jb143).. www.digitpress.com Replacement part used, LM1117 Voltage Regulator 5V 800mA Actual value of device AMS1117 5.0 SOT-223 Bought from ebay seller, stores.ebay.co.uk I'll add some macro stills with info on solder points soon (if I forget remind me :P). Thanks for watching!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDo3o2no770&hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment