Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Recently I have been thinking about the idea of converting my old Dick Smith Q-1280 oscilloscope I don't use anymore into a video monitor for composite video and NBTV and so have been looking around for schematics to do the job. YouTube user 256byteram kindly provided me with a schematic he made for his video to scope project www.youtube.com so I went to Jaycar bought all necessary parts and constructed the circuit. I then realized I needed a +/-12V power supply and had a 7812 regulator but no 7912 regulator and couldn't be bothered driving to Jaycar so from some site I found an alternate +/-VDC circuit that takes +VDC input, uses a 555 timer to create a low AC voltage and rectifier circuits to create the +/- DC voltage, so I adapted that and inputting a 14VDC power supply I get +/-12.5VDC out to power the video-scope circuit. Anyhow after construction and fixing some of my construction mistakes I hooked up the circuit to my two other oscilloscopes that have X, Y and Z input and fired them up and unfortunately no picture appears but instead I get a funky looking polygon with a raster like display on the inside, the polygon does react to the video input but no picture. Also I am finding when I check the + and - voltage rails I am getting 0 to +/-2V while the circuit is in operation, and when power supply circuit disconnected from video-scope circuit I get the normal +/-12.5VDC. I wondered if there is any shorts, I did check over the circuit and fixed my construction errors ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4Eg60dkWo&hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment