Monday, February 11, 2013

Making a fast capacitor bank charger

Please read! Capacitor bank charger. 2180uF 330v (max, I only charge to 310v to leave for some safety overhead). Diagram farm8.staticflickr.com I am rectifying the transformers AC output using 4x UF4007 diodes in a bridge rectifier configuration. I tried using a packaged bridge rectifier out of an old PSU but it did not work very well becuase of the high frequency's involved with this driver. The UF4007's are fast recovery and can take up-to 1kV before they breakdown. This 700MB video took me 12 hours to upload! Points of interest: Transformer testing 1:44 Some high current arcs 3:34 Capacitor bank charging 5:55 Timing the time it takes to charge the bank 7:12 Blowing a hole into a soda can 7:57 Review 8:27 I am sorry about the cracking audio whenever there is a loud point. This was caused by my attempt to make my voice sound louder, which it did but it also caused the peaks in the audio track to become too high. Combined with how youtube seems to boost audio too it ruins the audio. I guess all I can do now is learn from this mistake and not do it again!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5atdF430dI&hl=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment